Here at Miller Plant Farm, our goal is to supply the commercial vegetable grower with the best quality, disease free transplants possible. In order for us to accomplish that goal we are constantly seeking new strategies and preventative measures to produce healthy, field ready transplants.
See the most recent Commercial Growers Lists:
We will consider custom growing varieties not on our list if the seed is provided. It is best to check with us before purchasing seed. A seed allowance will only be given on custom variety orders of 2,000 transplants or more.
Greenhouse space is limited. The earlier we have the order, the easier it is for us to schedule your transplants. Please place orders as far in advance as possible which allows time for seed acquisition and proper growing. Lead times listed are minimums.
We require a minimum notice for vegetables and vine crops:
- Ten weeks lead time is needed for onions and leeks.
- Eight weeks lead time is needed for tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, spring lettuces and spring cole crops.
- Six weeks lead time is needed for fall lettuces and fall cole crops. Plants are available just before July 1 until about August 20. Lettuces can be done for later dates. A separate order form will be mailed to you around the first week of May containing varieties and planting dates.
- Five weeks lead time is needed for all vine crops (cantaloupe, watermelon, squash etc.).
- We prefer orders to be full trays of each variety. With the exception of Hot Peppers, the minimum we will do is half of a tray. The other half can be filled with another variety of the same type plant.
- There will be an additional charge of $2.00 per tray for any multiple variety trays (split tray).
Pick-Up / Delivery:
- All orders will be scheduled for Monday of the week that the transplants are requested. This allows the rest of the week for pick up or delivery.
- Pick up hours are 7:30AM to 4:00PM unless other arrangements are made.
- Delivery fees will vary. Fees are determined based on number of trays, distance and the ability to combine with other orders in your area. There is a $15 minimum charge for delivery.
- Please be sure to provide us with your complete mailing address and telephone number when ordering transplants.
- Phone: 717-741-2631
- Fax: 717-741-4929